Flat Rate vs. Hourly? Which is Better to Hire Movers.
Analyze of Flat Rate Moving.
Choosing Flat Rate you need to understand it has advantages for both – you and the moving company.
Let’s analyze advantages of Flat Rate moving, after it we’ll tell you why majority of moving companies don’t want to offer it.
6 Advantages of flat rate for customers.
- You know the exact amount you pay for your move regardless of quantity of boxes and packaging materials used.
- You don’t need to worry how much time it will take to disassemble/reassemble furniture.
- It doesn’t matter how far the moving truck was parked from loading/unloading location.
- You don’t need to think how long time will spend movers on stairs on the way and the elevator.
- You don’t worry about traffic and driving time.
- Moving company will provide you with most efficient number of professional movers to complete your move fast.
The only disadvantage of choosing Flat Rate for a small move might be higher price compared to hourly rate. When moving companies give Flat Rate for small move – they try to presuppose the worst possible scenario (a lot of time to disassemble/reassemble customized furniture, small and occupied elevator, truck parked far from loading/unloading address and traffic that can always be different).
Considering all the reasons mentioned above it’s better to choose between Flat Rate and hourly pay in each specific situation. For some moves our company provides a flat rate. We recommend you to call our experienced manager (323) 499-9324 and discuss your move with him. We are Professional Moving Company and we can always give you professional recommendations that will make it much easier for you to choose the best option and you can be sure you’ll receive best quality service.
There are several reasons why the majority of moving companies don’t like offering Flat Rate:
- It’s very difficult to estimate how much time it will take to load/unload as elevator might be occupied, there might be another move in the same building on the same time.
- It’s difficult to estimate how much time it will take to disassemble/reassemble furniture, especially in case it’s customized furniture.
- If it’s impossible to park the truck close to loading/unloading location – it will take much more time to load/unload the truck.
- It’s impossible to predict traffic and driving time as it’s always different depending on time and weather.
You can see results without sending the form.